Who does not want to have a relaxing haven in their bathroom, where they can soak all their worries and tired body in a warm bath. Meanwhile, if you are planning to renovate your bathroom to improve its aesthetics and value, you must consider a bathroom remodel cost.
There are plenty of factors linked to your average cost of bathroom remodel. Some of these factors include labor, quality of material, fixtures, area, and the coverage of your bathroom redo. To minimize unexpected expenditures, you need to have proper planning on how much do you want to put in, into your master bath remodel cost.
The average bath remodels cost of a master bathroom is around $32,000 according to the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA). This already covers both costs for labor and materials.
Estimated Full Bath Remodel Cost Allocation
Do you know where your money is going to for your small bath remodel cost? To give you an insight, here are the estimated allocation for your full bath remodel cost. Percentage allocation is based on your overall master bath remodel cost.
- Bathroom Countertops – 7%
- Professional design fee – 4%
- Faucets and plumbing works – 14%
- Installation cost – 20%
- Bathroom fixtures – 15%
- Cabinetry and hardware items – 16%
- Bathroom floor – 9%
- Bathroom ceilings and walls – 7%
- Windows and doors – 4%
- Miscellaneous – 1%
All these allocations can fluctuate depending on your preference and the coverage of your bathroom updates. The highest appropriation is placed on the installation cost of your updates, while the least allocation goes to windows, doors, and professional design fees.
If you need any professional assistance on your bathroom remodeling, you can always contact us at your convenient time. We can provide a free estimate for your renovation project.
Three Categories of Bathroom Remodel Cost
Meanwhile, we can group your master bath remodel cost into three types – Basic, Middle, and Luxurious Bathroom updates. Each category has similar things to update with some variations on the quality of the materials and fixtures used for the bathroom renovations.
1. Basic Bathroom Remodel Cost
The average cost of bathroom remodel for this category is between $1,500 to $12,000. For this basic bathroom remodel, you can do updates on your fixtures, countertops, floor tiles, cabinets, and lightings. Nevertheless, you need to keep your updates on the low-end with some of the works done on your side.
Things you can do for this small bath remodel cost
- Update countertop using low-quality stones or remnants
- Update on your bathroom floor tilings but not all
- You can update the backsplash
- Re-painting your wall with light hues
- Refinish or repaint your cabinets
- You can do low-end updates with our faucets and sink
- Installing new LED lightings underneath your cabinets and countertops
2. Middle Bathroom Remodel Cost
The average cost of bathroom remodel for this level is between $10,000 to $35,000. In this category, you can have better quality for bathroom fixtures, countertops, floor tiles, tub, and lightings.
Things you can do for this mid-range bathroom remodel cost
- New bathtub – $2,600 to $4,100
- Updates on floor tiles – $2,500 to $3,600
- Showerhead updates – $3,000 to $4,900
- Toilet Bowl – $350 to $490
- Vanity countertops – $2,850 to $4,150
- Repainting jobs – $300 to $350
- Refinish or new cabinets installed – $4,800 to $7,000
- New lightings – $1,200 to $1,700
- Sink – $1,500 to $2,400
You can do minor changes to the existing plumbing systems for your showerhead and sink, but the toilet will still be the same. For your countertops, you can already get a higher grade granite, quartz, or marble stones.
For your bathroom fixtures, you can already those with better quality so that it will last longer. These fixtures can include faucet, sink, lightings, and showerhead. Their materials must have better resistance against corrosion.
3. Luxurious Bathroom Remodel Cost
Meanwhile, if you have enough budget to go for the high-end and full bathroom renovations, then your bathroom remodeling total cost is between $40,000 and above. Under this category, there will be a complete demolition job for all fixtures and things inside your washroom. Plumbing works can definitely change for this one.
Here are some of your estimated cost allocation for this level
- Toilet updates – $600 to $800
- Painting works – $450 to $550
- Bathtub – $6,500 to $8,000
- Vanity cabinets – $8,500 to $13,000
- Bathroom countertops – $5,500 to $7,000
- Lightings – $3,000 to $4,000
- Shower updates – $6,500 to $10,000
- Sink – $4,000 to $6,500
- Bathroom floors – $5,500 to $7,000
When you choose a high-end bathroom renovation, you have better ways of managing things. You can have your old cabinets ripped off and install new hardwood cabinetry. For your countertops, you can already have a customized natural stone like granite, quartz, and marble.
Your shower can be the ones with steam or heating systems which can readily change its temperature depending on your preference. Likewise, your shower and toilet area can switch places if necessary.
source:MEGA KITCHEN $ BATH